GeoNamesTagger Version 2.3 is released! See download section…
Introduced some minor bugfixings and improvements:
- Since Mac os x 10.8 the gntid.dat license files sometimes gets corrupted during the transmission (by Mail app?). Therefore the gntid.dat file is now automatically zipped.
- Improved XMP file lookup
- Included ExifTool V9.06
GeoNamesTagger Version 2.0 is released! See download section…
Added storage of favorite locations
You are now able to store and reload your favorite locations including all of your entered information. Saved locations are shown as small blue pins on the map.
Using the new control panel on the lower left side of the app you are able to:
- browse through your stored favorite locations
- add the current location to the storage
- update an already stored location with new informations
- remove a location from the storage
GeoNamesTagger Version 1.4.3 is released! See download section…
Added Filter to status window
– Added possibility to add user defined keywords to images
– Status window is now visible for the first 5 app starts (without license)
– Fixed bug which sometimes resulted in wrong address search results
– Included Exiftool version 8.97
GeoNamesTagger Version 1.3.6 is released! See download section…
- Deactivated donation screen popup if valid licence was found
- Included ExifToolWrapper version 2.1
- Fixed bug: Using configuration “keep GPS tags” (If target image file did not contain GPS tags they haven’t been written)
GeoNamesTagger Version 1.3.2 is released! See download section…
Added GPS altitude handling:
- GeoNamesTagger now retrieves elevation/altitude data depending on the GPS information via the Google Elevation API and writes it to the image files (configurable).
- If activated, the elevation/altitude data for the current GPS position on the map is shown in the upper left corner
Added update checking:
On startup, GeoNamesTagger now automatically checks if a newer version is available (and informs you if so).
GeoNamesTagger Version 1.3 is released! See download section…
Added License handling: (GeoNamesTagger remains free!)
I want to give back something to all of the users who have donated or supported the project somehow… Therefore a license is enabling additional features:
- “GeoTagged with GeoNamesTagger…” tag is not added to the image files during execution.
- Status indicator/window (currently only available via Java console)
Added status indicator/window:
Further safety improvements:
- On startup, the local and packaged ExifTool version are compared, the newer/higher version will be used.
- Prior to execution of “CMD-Q”/App-shutdown the state of the execution queue is checked. If there are files left, the user is asked if he really wants to abort those pending tasks or not.
- If the user explicitly requests a shutdown, the current queued tasks are deleted first. The shutdown is then executed after all active jobs have been stopped safely.